Click on the stars below to view contact information for the locations where our counseling services are offered.
*Email is not a secure form of communication. While we will do our best to keep communications private, e-mail usage can be monitored and others may read the content of personal messages. Please do not use email to communicate about emergencies or for matters which need immediate attention. In the case of an emergency, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
STARRY Counseling services are available at no cost to families with children up to 18 years old. Counseling services include individual, group, and family counseling as well as parenting classes.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, services are provided at no cost to the client. Insurance and money are never an issue.
STARRY Counseling strives to:
- Help parents understand the meaning behind their children’s behavior and work to meet their needs
- Provide families with structure, skills, and a safe space to be heard
- Help families find ways to connect
- Help resolve family conflict
- Give parents support in the journey of parenting
- Help parents reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect by developing an understanding of their own emotional wounds and helping them find empathy for their children
- Teach parents about the impacts of trauma and chronic stress
- Help parents find a balance of structure and nurture
- Help parents nurture themselves so that they can better nurture their children
- Teach parents how to improve their child’s self-esteem
- Help children learn healthy boundaries and social skills
- Teach children and teens life values
- Teach coping and mindfulness skills
- Help children and teens learn appropriate ways to get their needs met
- Assist children and teens in identifying and regulating their feelings
- Assist families in developing healthy attachment
- Help improve communication
- Network with other community agencies to help families in Central and North Texas
- Connect families with more intensive services if needed