STARRY's mission is to support children, youth, and parents in crisis through services that protect, educate, and promote strong families.
Through our Philosophy of Care, we believe:
- The social, emotional, developmental, and spiritual needs of children and young persons are best met in a safe and structured environment.
- In respecting the values, needs, cultures, resources, and strengths of children, youth, and families while encouraging development of life skills and resources.
- In utilizing the strengths of children, youth, and families to make positive improvements in their lives by empowering them:
- To participate in making decisions about their care plans
- With opportunities for spiritual growth
- To gain the self-confidence needed to promote effective communication and healthy relationships
- In helping make the transition from crisis to healthy living as smooth as possible.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
— Proverbs 22:6