STARRY's mission is to support children, youth, and parents in crisis through services that protect, educate, and promote strong families.
Through our Philosophy of Care, we believe:
- The social, emotional, developmental, and spiritual needs of children and young persons are best met in a safe and structured environment.
- In respecting the values, needs, cultures, resources, and strengths of children, youth, and families while encouraging development of life skills and resources.
- In utilizing the strengths of children, youth, and families to make positive improvements in their lives by empowering them:
- To participate in making decisions about their care plans
- With opportunities for spiritual growth
- To gain the self-confidence needed to promote effective communication and healthy relationships
- In helping make the transition from crisis to healthy living as smooth as possible.