Children with involved fathers are:
- 39% more likely to earn mostly A’s in school.
- 45% less likely to repeat a grade.
- 60% less likely to be suspended or expelled from school.
- 2x as likely to go to college and find stable employment after high school.
- 75% less likely to have a teen birth.
- 80% less likely to spend time in jail.
Fathers bring a unique perspective to the parenting dynamic and STARRY strives to utilize evidence-based programming that meets the unique needs of fathers and male caregivers. While there are many reasons that a father or male caregiver may seek services through STARRY’s Fatherhood Program, some of the most common are - social support concerns, mental health concerns, high stress levels, co-parenting challenges, parenting skills concerns, behavior concerns of the child, divorce, grief, family conflict, and school challenges. Our Counselors and Fatherhood Support Specialists are here to help you navigate those challenges and struggles while providing you with practical support and resources. STARRY utilizes a tailored and strengths-based approach to allow fathers and male caregivers to connect with their unique role in the family dynamic and foster skills that will strengthen their impact in their family unit.
If you feel that you could benefit from Counseling or Support Services please do not hesitate to reach out and see if we might be a good fit for you. Call 254-244-2400 or email email@example.com to learn more today!